ABA Webinar 8/19 1PM: What Lawyers Need to Know About Agency Guidance
Tomorrow, August 19th, from 1-2:30PM, the ABA’s Young Lawyers’ Division is hosting a webinar, cosponsored by the ABA’s Administrative Law Section, entitled What Lawyers Need to Know About Agency Guidance. The webinar is free for ABA members, and you can register here.
Here are some more details:
Learn how Agency Guidance is created by client offices, reviewed at various levels of the agency, then revised, and ultimately published—a full start to finish explanation and how Executive Order 13891, Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents, affects the creation of Agency Guidance.
Businesses need to understand how to operate in complex regulatory environments. To help you and your clients navigate the complexities of agency guidance, our panelists will explain what you need to need to know about agency guidance, including:
- Overview of agency guidance documents
- Overview of significant guidance documents
- The procedural burdens required by EO 13891 for significant and non-significant guidance documents
- The difference between guidance and regulation
- Practice tips for crafting agency guidance and working with clients on agency guidance
Jill Megan Laptosky
Michael Evan Deutsch
Sydney Lynn Hawthorne