From the University of La Verne Law Review:
The University of La Verne College of Law will hold an Aviation Law Symposium on Friday, January 24, 2020, in La Verne, California in partnership with the University of La Verne Law Review. The aim of the symposium is to bring city attorneys and county counsel (in California who represent local governments that manage and operate public use airports); private counsel; and federal stakeholders together for the purpose of sharing knowledge in the field of aviation law on best practices in developing and managing public use airports.
The University of La Verne Law Review will publish a special symposium edition on aviation law. If you are interested in publishing an article on a topic of interest to the community of counsel who represent city/county airports, then please submit an abstract using the abstract submission form available on the symposium website at www.ulvlawreview.com, no later than July 15, 2019, to Jessica McCauley, Editor-in-Chief, ULV Law Review at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the Title of the Paper, Full Name, Current Position, Institutional Affiliation, an email address and at least three keywords that best describe the subject of your submission. Offers of publication will be extended within six to eight weeks of submission. The organizers are especially interested in articles on the following topics including but not limited to:
- Land Use issues such as leasing of airport commercial spaces;
- Impact of environmental regulations on airport use and expansion;
- Best practices for implementation of noise abatement procedures
- Contracting issues such as building renovations and new construction;
- Purchase of aviation equipment (such as helicopters for law enforcement); and
- Development issues such as runway expansion coordination with the FAA and the future impact on the community.
Information and updates related to the symposium are available at www.ulvlawreview.com. If you have general questions about the symposium, please send an email to email@example.com or contact Felicia Rodriguez at (909) 460-2020.