Each year, the ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice recognizes the best work of administrative law scholarship for the prior year. I write to request nominations for that award. Eligible books and articles are those that were published (copyrighted) during 2018.
In general, publications worthy of the Section’s award should be:
- well written, since publications that are informative and develop new ideas need not be difficult to read;
- tightly reasoned, with a clear analysis that does not detour from development of the main thesis of the argument;
- broadly applicable to at least several programs or issues;
- provide a new and timely insight into a current issue of administrative law;
- provide a new theoretical construct that will aid in the understanding or development of administrative law or develop a practical recommendation for solving a problem of administrative law; &
- contain a minimum of repetition or recitation of existing work.
Please submit your nomination package to:
The ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice
1050 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 400
Washington, D.C. 20036
Email: email@example.com or fax to 202-662-1529.
Please direct inquiries to Section Director Anne Kiefer at 202-662-1690.
CJW Note: A short email to Anne Kiefer with the article attached (or reference to book) should suffice. Self- and other-nominations are definitely both welcome. It’s my understanding that the selection committee will be meeting to make decisions shortly after the July 4th holiday.