The Corporation for National and Community Service (“CNCS”) issued a notice document seeking input on “proposed revised enrollment and exit forms” called “National Service Trust Enrollment Form and National Service Trust Exit Form.”AmeriCorps members and program staff use these forms to enroll in the “National Service Trust” and to “document the completion of AmeriCorps member’s term of service.” These forms are required for members to receive a “Segal Education Award” and to meet additional obligations of the program. In addition, this information is electronically entered into the “National Service Trust’s database.”
Specifically, CNSC is renewing the current information collection with changes to “demographics questions” (e.g. income levels, disability, veteran’s status, citizenship status, and educational levels”). The CNSC anticipates that the information collection will “otherwise be used in the same manner” as current forms. In addition, the CNCS wishes to “continue using the current forms” until updated forms are approved by the Office of Management and Budget (“OMB”).
In particular, the CNCS is interested in comments that:
- evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- evaluate the accuracy of the agency’s estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used
- enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g. permitting electronic submissions of responses).
Comments are due by February 10, 2014 and may be submitted by any of the following methods:
- By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Attention Bruce Kellogg, 8309C, 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525;
- By hand delivery or by courier: to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays; or
- Electronically: through www.regulations.gov.
This post was originally published on the legacy ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice Notice and Comment blog, which merged with the Yale Journal on Regulation Notice and Comment blog in 2015.