The Section is co-sponsoring, along with The Council on Intelligence Issues, a roundtable discussion with expert authors from ABA’s landmark book The Law of Counterterrorism. Topics will include various aspects of the law of war, the intelligence community, the PATRIOT Act and the IRTPA, and advice of counsel in cases in the war on terror. Participants include:
- New York City Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly
- John D. Altenburg, Jr., Maj. Gen., U.S. Army, ret., Principal, Greenberg Taurig LLP
- Karen J. Greenberg, Director, Center for National Security, Fordham Law School
- Richard B. (Dick) Jackson, Col., U.S. Army, ret., Law of War Advisor to Judge Advocate General, U.S. Army
- W. George Jameson, former Senior Counsel, Central Intelligence Agency
- Lynne K. Zusman, Editor, ABA Administrative Law Section Fellow
The event takes place May 14, 2013, from 4:30 to 6:00 pm, at Times Square Tower, hosted by O’Melveny & Myers LLP. Attendance is free, but registration is required. More information can be found online.
This post was originally published on the legacy ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice Notice and Comment blog, which merged with the Yale Journal on Regulation Notice and Comment blog in 2015.